Tuesday, December 15, 2009

i'm lucky i know, but...




i'm going home tomorrow. it's been 6 months since i've been home. that sounds like a really long time to me. i am ridiculously ready for quality time with mom and dad, fun girl time with sister, niece, and bff, and the pleasure of reuniting with old friends.

the concept of home is so fantastic. it's just great to know that no matter where your wanderings take you, there will always be a place that is awaiting your return. the people may leave, the city may change, but the memories will always be there. it's kind of fun.

however, i will say that going home is always a bit of a trip (hee hee i meant that figuratively, but i guess it could be taken literally as well). i am so excited, but i'll be honest...this process always requires a little emotional preparation on my part.

so...in honor of my trip, i've got two sets of lyrics in my head today.

first...

"oklahoma, ev'ry night my honey lamb and i sit alone and talk and watch a hawk makin' lazy circles in the sky!" ;)
{ps how much do we love "honey lamb" as a pet name? so much.}

and second...bc we all know that, in spite of the splendor that is my true home, i'll be missing a little bit of my cali home as well...

"'cause i'll doze off safe and soundly, but i'll miss your arms around me. i'd send a postcard to you dear, 'cause i wish you were here."
{i just love that owl city...vanilla twilight is today's obsession}

2 comments:

Joey Brisson said...

I'm lucky too. To have a special someone from OK in my life, it's great. I love reading your writings right before bed, it's as if I'm hearing you say goodnight. Thanks for smiles, warm thoughts and great attitude. You bring a lot of happiness into my life. : )

Tambra said...

I will need to see you!

I will probably have to do some more shopping in Tulsa!