Friday, June 25, 2010

we all got the same blood flow

i'm at aroma cafe hanging out with my dear friend amos lee. okay...in all honesty, he doesn't know that he is hanging out with me. i can't see him or touch him or smell him {and for a bit more honesty, i'm kind of okay with that}, but i  can hear him. his sweet voice is serenading me as i wait in anticipation for the kickoff of the coming weekend. i've got the same 3 songs on repeat.

highlights...

"i'm in love with a girl who's in love with the world, and i can't help but follow. though i know someday she is bound to fly away and stay over the rainbow. gotta learn how to let her go over the rainbow."
{keep it loose, keep it tight}

"you're gonna take my bottle, my bible, my mess. you're gonna take all of my empty and my loneliness, take all that sadness inside of me, take it all and set me free."
{black river}

"who is my reason to begin? who plows the earth, who breaks the skin? who took my two hands, made them four? who is my heart? who is my door? nobody. nobody but you girl."
{cover of paul simon's nobody}


my cappuccino isn't very good today, but i'm trying to down it because i hate going into a friday night with the fear of playing the role of the sleeping beauty. although i wouldn't mind being woken up by a kiss from my prince. hee hee...sorry, had to go there.


in addition to mr. lee, here are some of my friday inspirations:


this post...i'm in love. the first picture perfectly defines everything that i want. and the colorful staircase. don't worry, you'll know it when you see it. de-light.


i expect this one to become the inspiration of an entire post in the next several days. hmm...the wheels are turning...

i read this girl's story while i was waiting in the dentist office the other day. it's a great story. kind of i'm just really in love with her tattoos though. i think i want something similar, but for very different reasons.

this article in o magazine.
i am not the biggest oprah fan {not that i dislike her, but it's just not really my thing}, but i found this article to be so interesting. hmm...

anyway...kind of a long and random post, but i'm only posting when i feel inspired, so here it is. happy weekend everyone!

xoxo
jo

2 comments:

~sWaMpY~ said...

Yum. Sushi !

Meghan said...

I love Amos Lee! Not only is "Keep It Loose" my favorite song by him, but that was also my favorite line. Nice choice!